• 4th Best City in the World to Experience Culture by Foreign Policy’s Global Cities Index
• 2nd largest financial centre in North America and 7th in the world by The Banker Magazine
• University of Toronto Ranked 1st in Canada in clinical and pre-clinical Medicine
• MaRS is the world’s largest urban innovation hub, with 1.5 million square feet dedicated to supporting multidisciplinary discoveries in AI and Healthcare
Continent: North America
Currency: Canadian Dollar
Number of Hotels: 240
Number of Rooms: 40000
• 4th Best City in the World to Experience Culture by Foreign Policy’s Global Cities Index • 2nd largest financial centre in North America and 7th in the world by The Banker Magazine • University of Toronto Ranked 1st in Canada in clinical and pre-clinical Medicine • MaRS is the world’s largest urban innovation hub, with 1.5 million square feet dedicated to supporting multidisciplinary discoveries in AI and Healthcare
Tourism Toronto is the official destination marketing organisation for the city, promoting the city as a choice international conference destination. A partnership of public and private sectors, the association works closely with meeting and incentive planners to provide imaginative and unforgettable experiences.
Knowledge Hub Overview
Toronto is the knowledge hub for: Financial services, Information & Communications Technology, Cleantech, Engineering and Medical / Life Sciences. Home to the top five banks in Canada plus 9 teaching hospitals, all located in the downtown core. The University Health Network connects doctors to researchers to provide the best treatment for patients ‘from bench to bedside practice’.
Significant Convention Centres
•Metro Toronto Convention Centre: Canada’s largest convention centre in the heart of downtown Toronto– 55,742m2 exhibit/mtg space, two ballrooms (7,247m2), 1,232 seat theatre•Enercare Centre/Beanfield Centre: Canada’s largest trade/consumer show facility– 92,903m2 exhibition space. The Beanfield Centre is Canada’s newest most environmentally responsible conference centre – 14,864m2 meeting space•The International Centre: one of Canada’s leading multipurpose facilities – 46,452m2 exhibit/mtg space•Toronto Congress Centre: One of Canada’s leading trade & convention facilities–92,903m2
Toronto is the international gateway to Canada, with a 90-minute flight time to major cities in North America. 66 international airlines operate 1,100 flights daily in and out of Pearson Int’l Airport. The UP Express, a NEW direct rail link from the airport to downtown Union Station takes just 25 mins. In addition, the Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport, just five mins from downtown, operates domestic/regional flights, connecting 23 cities in eastern Canada & the US.
From chic boutique hotels and luxurious 5-star properties, to bed & breakfasts and dormitories, Toronto offers some of the world’s best accommodation. We are world-renowned for our Toronto hospitality and personal service. No request is too big or too small.
CN Tower, Royal Ontario Museum, Ripley’s Aquarium, Hockey Hall of Fame, Distillery Historic District, St. Lawrence Market, chic Yorkville, Toronto Islands, Toronto Premium Outlets, 140+ museums, 9,000+ restaurants, 57+ performance venues, 21,000+ retail shops.
Toronto is a destination partner of IAPCO and welcomes collaboration with PCOs on conference bid opportunities.
A secure urban metropolitan area, Toronto was named one of the Top 10 Safest Cities in the World in the 2017 EIU Safe Cities Index.